Challenge 4: Be Mentally Fit
All activities we engage in throughout the day require our brains to be running all the time. And while learning new things and performing day to day tasks are essential for a healthy brain, so does rest and relaxation. Turn off your mind and disconnect from the world for a moment, meditate if necessary. You may also find yourself needing professional help, seek a therapist or psychologist to asset you with your goals.
The following tasks can be used to start accumulate points for the grand prize of $1000. Be sure to report your progress using the "Submit Your Progress" button on the left.
- Meditate for 15 minutes. 5 points per day.
- Light a candle or use essential oils in your home. 1 point per day.
- Remove caffeine from your day. 5 points per day.
- Practice Mindfulness for 10 minutes. You can use apps like Headspace, or Moodpath to assist you. 5 points per day.
- Read a book with more than 100 pages. 20 points per book.
- Complete a StrengthsFinder test. 50 points.
- Listen to a 15 minuite Ted Talk. 1 point per video.
- Learn a new language. Complete 5 or more lessons from a language learning app such as Rosetta Stone, Duolingo, Babble and more. 30 points.
- Complete an online course. You can choose from thousands of free topics at Open.edu or any other eLearning website. 50 points.
- Get 6-9 hours of sleep each night. 1 point per day.
- Get 150 hours of exercise each week. 10 points per week.
Choose one goal from the list provided below or create your own goal and track your progress. If you meet your goal you will earn $20 off your yearly medical premiums.
Complete goal on at least 45 out of 60 days of one of the followings:
- Learn a new skill.
- Take a class in a subject of your choice.
- Read a book.
- Go outside and enjoy nature.
- Keep a journal.
- Conquer a fear.
- Focus on being positive.
- Think about others’ points of view.
- Destress for 10 minutes each day.
- Listen to Ted Talks.
- Create your own.
The Wellness Committee has not yet selected an on-site activity for this challenge yet. Please check back later.
Step 1: Register. Use the link on the side bar to register for this program. You only need to register once. If you have already done so, even for a different challenge, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Choose a goal. You can choose any goal you want that can improve your mental wellbeing. Goals must be able to be tracked and logged in order to qualify for the Premium Discount Program.
Step 3: Track Your Progress. You can use apps like Headspace, Moodpath, Peak-Brain Training, Calm Harm, Moodnotes, any learning app or program, or any other app that logs your progress and details. You may also use a paper log or diary as long as it contains at least one measurable factor such as mood, behavior, pain level, meditation time, what you learned that day, or any other information that can be used to track your progress over time.
Step 4: Join the Step Competition. The step completion is a fun way to compare how many steps you take each day with your co-workers and the rest of the company.
Step 5: Participate in Activities. Each location will have a joint activity night that is free to employees and can range from psychology workshops, to mental health awareness walks. These activities are chosen by a committee of employees. To suggest an activities reach out to your GMs.
Step 6: Submit your progress. At the end of the challenge you will get a reminder email to submit your progress. This can be done using the "Submit Your Progress" button on the side bar. Be sure to include all the required information to receive credit for your hard work.
Step 7: Get ready for the next challenge. Click here to view Challenge 5.